Simple Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
1 cups (400 grams) granulated white sugar
1 3/4 cups (245 grams) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (75 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder(natural or Dutch-processed)
1 1/2 teaspoons (6 grams) baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons (6 grams)baking soda
3/4 teaspoon (3 grams) salt
2 Flax Eggs
1 cup (240 ml) coffee or water, at room temperature
1 cup (240 ml) milk, at room temperature
1/2 cup (120 ml) corn, vegetable, safflower or canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons (6 grams) pure vanilla extract
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
*Optional ¼ cup brown sugar (makes it grainy)
2 Cups powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Salt
1. Start by preparing your flax eggs. Combine 2 tablespoons flaxseed with 4 tablespoons water.
2. Combine all dry ingredients together except sugar and coco.
3. Next combine coffee mixture with coco powder until it forms a smooth past. Add sugar and oil to large mixing bowl and pour over chocolate mixture.
4. In one large bowl, combine sugar, oil, vanilla, coco and coffee mixture, and flax egg together.
5. Sift flour into mixture, add salt, and baking powder. Stir until combined
6. Divide into three buttered cake pans of your choice.
7. Bake at 350 F or 180 C for 20 minutes until tooth pick interested comes out clean.
Cream 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
Add half the powdered sugar and half the almond milk.
Add remaining powdered sugar, coco powder, vanilla, and salt. Stir to combine.
To assemble cakes frost the cake adding an even layer of frosting between each layer of the cooled cake. Smooth and decorate to your desire.
Lastly, cut a big slice and dig in!