Vegan Moist Chocolate Cake – I am trying to know more about the vegans and their food. I understand some are due to health issues that they have to follow a strict diet and refrained from dairy products. We all know that there are so many nice desserts out there need dairy products especially eggs which is one of the most important ingredients to make delicious cakes. But then that’s not always true. The vegans can also make delicious cakes without dairy products and eggs. I am amazed. So here is another vegan recipe which I find very moist and delicious, the vegan chocolate cake. The frosting is made of out sweet potatoes which is amazing, can’t tell it’s sweet potatoes. Hope you’re inspired. Enjoy!
For FULL RECIPE, visit my blog at
• Chocolate Cake
200g cake flour
55g cacao powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
125g coconut sugar
30g (1/4 cup) shredded coconut
300g coconut milk
1 tbsp distilled vinegar
3 tbsp maple syrup
250g sweet potatoes
225g (1 cup) coconut butter
90g (1/4 cup) maple syrup
4 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at 170°C/340°F.
2. In a bowl, add bananas. Mash them well and set aside.
3. In another large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients. Add sugar and shredded coconut and whisk.
4. In a bowl, add milk, vinegar and maple syrup. Stir well until everything incorporated. Pour into the sifted dry ingredients. Mix well to combine.
5. Grease two 7-inch round pans. Line with parchment paper. Pour the batter evenly into the 2 pans. I used a weighing scale.
6. Bake at the preheated oven at 170°C/340°F for 30-35 minutes.
7. Cool the cakes on the cooling rack until it is completely cool.
8. In a pot, cook the sweet potatoes over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes until they are cooked. Use a stick or skew to poke into the potatoes to make sure they are completely cooked and soft. Remove the skin and cut into chunks.
9. In a food processor, add the cooked sweet potatoes, butter, maple syrup, cacao powder, coconut milk, vanilla and powdered sugar. (I forgot to add the powdered sugar together, but added after the few pulse). Pulse few times until they are soft and creamy. If the consistency is a little runny, you may place it in the fridge for about 30 minutes to thicken it.
10. The frosting is ready after 30 minutes, and time to assemble the cake.
Follow me at:
Shine On My Life by HookSounds Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0 … Music provided by Music for Creators