Are you looking for the perfect chewy vegan chocolate cookie? Look no further as I have the ideal recipe for you!
This recipe comes from divascancook.com. I am a huge fan of Monique and her channel. If you haven’t visited that site, you need to check her out!
In today’s video, I’m making her awesome and delicious vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s healthy and the best vegan chocolate chip cookie you will ever try!
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup vegan light brown sugar
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
⅓ cup vegan butter
⅓ cup vegan shortening
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup vegan chocolate chips, divided
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375º degrees
2. Into a stand mixer, cream granulated sugar, and brown sugar, applesauce, butter and vegan shortening (ok to use a hand mixer if you do not have a stand mixer).
3. Add vanilla and stir to combine
4. In a smaller bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt
5. Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture until the dough is soft
6. Fold in the chocolate chips (reserve ¼ cup for later)
7. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes (up to an hour would be best. Cold dough makes the final cookie chewier)
8. Use a mini cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon) – drop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet (lined with parchment paper or greased well). Make sure the cookies are at least 2” apart as they will spread. If you want to do something a little extra, roll each cookie dough ball with your hands to ensure they are round)
9. Press the rounded cookie dough down a little to flatten
10. Using the reserved chocolate chips, press a few onto each ball lightly
11. Bake for 5-7 minutes (keep an eye on them!)
12. Remove from oven and allow them to cool on the pan
COOKIE/ICE CREAM SCOOPS:
PYREX MEASURING CUPS:
LE CREUSET DUTCH OVEN:
PARCHMENT PAPER SHEETS:
#vegan #vegancookies #veganrecipes
Disclaimer: this description contains affiliate links that allow you to find the items mentioned in this and other videos and support the channel at no cost to you. While this channel may earn minimal sums when the viewer uses the links, the viewer is in NO WAY obligated to use these links. Thank you for your support!
P.O. Box 9554
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
Happy by MBB
Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0
Music promoted by Audio Library